Friday, September 15, 2023

Entry #2- Changing Course

 

Changing Course: Rediscovering Passion and Purpose


Image Source
 
So, let’s talk about careers.  Does anyone REALLY know what they want to do for the rest of their lives at 18 when they start college?  I know I didn’t!  Sometimes, we must follow our passions and hearts to make our best decisions.  My passion just so happened to be traveling.  I wanted to travel and see other parts of the world and different cultures.  I learned I could be a traveling CNA with only a few months of coursework, so I decided to do that. 

 

I was able to travel to South Dakota and Montana as a traveling CNA, but again, is this what I wanted to do for the rest of my life? Definitely NOT! This career helped steer me in another direction, and I soon went on to training as a dialysis tech and was able to continue as a traveling dialysis tech. 


Image Source

This stepping stone opened me up to some of the best experiences of my life.  As you may already know, my love for chasing waterfalls and their spiritual impact on me, moving to different islands in Hawaii, was a dream come true.  I loved the culture, trying new foods, and the many adventures, good and bad.  I chased those falls, rode on helicopters, and even almost drowned a time or two, which educated me on ocean safety, amongst other things. Eventually, life throws you curve balls, and you must reassess your life’s choices.  

Settling down.  I knew I wouldn’t be able to travel the world as I once had after my greatest blessing was born: my son, Eli. So, where do we go from here?  Many of you may be in this same boat, or maybe even where I was at the beginning, and may still be deciding which way to go.  For me, it led me back home to school and to starting over to give my son stability.  Many of you may still be on that journey of deciding your next steps, but just remember to follow your passion and heart to make the best decisions for yourself.  



4 comments:

  1. Keep your head up and one day your career path will just come to you and you will have that defining moment of knowing exactly what you want to do in life! Being a great mom is the most important thing to be especially with a really little one!
    -Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is about the Journey, not the destination! We've all got limited time on this rock so let's make the most of it. Also your formatting and style for this blog is seriously impressive, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I think there's certainly a lesson to be learned in being complacent, opening yourself up to new opportunities & experiences is one way to open up the mind, I've travelled (only within the country) But I do enjoy learning new cultures, trying new foods & meeting interesting people! Life is ever-changing, sometimes we must adapt to it, but just be careful to not lose that adventurous spirit! Keep up the awesome posts! - Ben (Google wasn't letting me login to comment??)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your writer voice, it is extremely relatable and a joy to hear about your different adventures and learn from it. This really gave me more encouragement of following my passions and just taking it one step at a time! I wish you all the best and send good vibes!! Thank you for sharing your words of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete

Entry #10-Crafting a Self-Care Sanctuary

IMAGE SOURCE Crafting a Self-Care Sanctuary: Nurturing Your Well-being in Every Season Self-care is often neglected due to our busy schedule...